Monday, February 1, 2010

Another Week Down

I've now been to work for two full weeks and have almost lived here for three weeks. This is place is beginning to feel more normal and routine but it doesn't feel like home.

I like my job. It's different in atmosphere and some of the way things are run but I do think it's what I was looking for and hoping to find. I'm understanding more every day and am able to run with projects. The stadium is nothing compared to AutoZone Park in Memphis but no MiLB park does compare. I was spoiled in that sense. However, last week I made my first visit to Cheney Stadium and got to play with the brand new video board they installed last year and that made everything a bit easier to deal with. I'm going to have a lot of fun w that thing and everyone here has high expectations for me with it so we'll see how it goes. Not to mention the $30 million renovation that will begin soon and make Cheney Stadium almost brand new by the 2011 season. I've got a lot to look forward to.

Other than work, I'm really missing Memphis. I miss my friends and my church so much. The move here has a bit of a different feeling than when I first moved to Memphis. I don't regret my decision to move and I know the Lord will provide for me out here in His way at His time. But right now I just feel like my heart is a little less full. And that in itself is a blessing to know what I have. I've been to 3 different churches out here and none of them compare to Fellowship Memphis. Luckily Fellowship is very technologically advanced and I'm able to keep up as much as possible while living 2500 miles away. So, I'll keep looking out here.

While I was in Memphis I volunteered a little bit for Memphis Urban YoungLife. Within my first week here I was able to meet the Area Coordinator for YoungLife and tonight was my first night volunteering. I really enjoyed it. It felt natural and very few things feel natural right now. Mr. Pritchard (the area coor.) and his family have been especially welcoming to me and I'm very thankful for that as well.

My roommate finally made it into town yesterday so it's nice to have someone else in the apt with me. She came from Connecticut and is still on Eastern time a little bit. Other than that, not much exciting is going on. Hopefully now that Melissa is here we'll do some exploring and will have lots of fun pictures and stories to share soon! Happy Super Bowl week!

No comments:

Post a Comment