Sunday, January 24, 2010

One Week Down

Well I've got one week in the books and I've had my first visitor!

Work is good. The team is run a little bit differently than my old team but different isn't bad, it just requires an adjustment period. My co-workers are very friendly and it's nice to have a few more girls in the office. Definitely a change. My job description here is much more specific to Game Entertainment and that's been one of the biggest adjustments. I love it but I'm having to constantly remind myself to not worry about the details related to promotions and marketing and focus on the in-game stuff. All in all a good week and I'm starting to get things figured out.

I'm starting to find my way around Tacoma and Seattle a little bit. It's nice not having to turn my GPS on every time I get in the car just to get to the grocery store or work but then again I tried to get back to my apt without it last night and got lost so I don't have everything figured out. Sometimes I'm still surprised by Mt. Rainier. When it's cloudy and overcast you can't really see the mountain so it's easy to forget it's there. But, it really didn't rain all week and we had portions of sunshine almost everyday so we got some good views.


I get the above view everyday as I drive to and from the office. The other day I was driving home for lunch and I looked over and literally said out loud, "oh my gosh, there's a huge mountain". It's beautiful when you can see it.

My good friend from college, Macall, was here over the weekend. We planned this trip back in late 2009 and I am so glad she came when she did. Macall and I met at U of I when she was there playing tennis. Shortly after we met she transferred to TCU where she graduated from last spring. She is now trying her hand on the pro tennis tour and is pretty good I might add. I'm so lucky she could fit me in to her busy tournament schedule. We had a great weekend exploring downtown Tacoma where we hit the Museum of Glass (which is right on the port) and walked across the glass bridge (which is not near as exciting as it sounds).

View of the Port from the Museum


The "Glass Bridge" is actually just a bridge with pretty glass sculptures. It's cool but I was still disappointed.

Today we spent the day in downtown Seattle before Macall had to fly out. I do love Seattle already. And I definitely miss living in the city. So far Tacoma has just reaffirmed in me that I am not a suburban girl. Macall took lots of pictures this weekend so after I get some of those from her I'll post more. For now, one to week two...







No comments:

Post a Comment