Saturday, January 16, 2010

Settling In

Well...I made it and am getting settled in. I was able to find an apartment (and a roommate) in about a day and got everything moved in on Thursday. My parents just left this morning and were a big help getting everything moved in, organized, and figured out. I start work on Monday and I'm really looking forward to it.

To a certain extent I kind of feel like I'm floating out here, going through life without anyone noticing. Work is the small bit of familiarity that I have, I know baseball and game entertainment and quite frankly I just miss structure! I've only worked 5 days since Dec 17th and while I've enjoyed all the off time I'm ready to get back in the habit.

Throughout the week I've gone along constantly thinking "this is not Memphis" and that's definitely true. I miss Memphis but I'm not sad to be here. I miss my friends and church but I know God will provide here as well. One thing I've really noticed here is how genuinely nice all the people are. I feel like that's weird for me to say having come from the South where everyone's supposed to be super-friendly but this is different. I'm sitting in Starbucks now b/c I won't have internet in my apt for a few more days and the people who work here have almost become my friends in the 30 minutes it took to get me signed up and connected to the internet. I like it.

It really does rain everyday but I think I came out here expecting it so it hasn't bothered me yet. My parents hated it. But, while every day is pretty overcast and gray, each one always seems to make way for a clear, beautiful sunset. Honestly, I'm looking forward to being alone for a few days without internet, roommate, or tv and being able to experience the Lord in a new way in the Northwest.

Below are some pictures that my mom and I took from the car on our long drive out west. Talk about a new adventure!

Tacoma


Oregon


Wyoming


Wyoming


Colorado

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooo excited for you! There are so many adventures ahead. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a great Monday at your new job......love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete