The theme of my off season is most definitely going to be airports. I'm getting very familiar with Seattle Tacoma International Airport and am going to be spending a fair amount time in several others this off season. But, airports always seem to mean something good is either coming! So here's a rundown of what's been going on lately.
For the last weekend in October I made my first trip to Phoenix, AZ to visit Jeremy. It was a short weekend but it was nice to get to see his world and his new house and the sunshine of course!
Last weekend, my good friend and former co-worker at the Memphis Redbirds, Mark Anderson came out for his first visit to the Pacific Northwest. He was quite the tourist while he was here and Ben and I were quite happy to join him when we weren't working.

On Saturday we took a day trip down to Portland. It's just over a two hour drive so it's pretty easy. On the way down we stop at Mt. St. Helens. Unfortunately it was too foggy to see the actual mountain but we did take this great picture. Mark is on the left, Ben on the right.
Sunday we headed up to Seattle for some good eats, Pike Place Public Market and the Underground Tour. The Underground Tour was something I've been wanting to check out since I moved out here. Basically, when Seattle was first founded they were too low and kept flooding and having trouble with waste and tides and such. But then there was a fire that pretty much burned the town down after which they rebuilt 10 feet hirer. It was pretty cool.
Mark left Tuesday and I've been relaxing the last couple nights. It's been wonderful. Today I picked up the keys to my new condo. I'll be moving in to the condo in January with my friend and co-worker Mallory. She's moving in this weekend. I'm really excited for our new home. It's got lots of space and an awesome view. I'll post pictures of that soon.
So, my next trip to the airport will be next weekend when I head to Memphis and then on to Pinckneyville for the holidays. Jeremy is meeting me in Memphis and joining me for the week. I'm really excited to go home and see the family. I was there in July and briefly saw my parents in September so I'm ready.

So glad you're back. Seems like things are going really well. Miss your sweet face!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I couldn't be there with you in Portland! I hope you guys had a great time!
ReplyDelete