Well, after a long hiatus, I am officially back on the blogging train. I never meant to lay off long as I did but well, baseball happened. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have started again if not for some nice (Abbey) and straight forward (Breana "your blog sucks") prodding from friends. So, since my last blog was in April, let's do a little recap:
Baseball season! I made it through my first season with the Rainiers in the old Cheney Stadium. The day after our last regular season game, construction started on the $3o million renovation that is taking place at 'ol Cheney this off season. I'm pretty pumped about that. Really looking forward to a new press box. To the left is the single wide trailer we called a press box during the 2010 season. Look close and you can see all the stairs I had to climb multiple times a day. I believe there were 60 of them and I went up and down at least 5 times on any given game day. Reason #1 why I didn't gain any weight this baseball season.
This turned out to be no ordinary season, our young, home run hitting team had it's ups and downs that turned in to ups at just the right time as the Rainiers defeated none other than the Memphis Redbirds to win the Pacific Coast League Championship. You may recall that the Redbirds won the PCL title in 2010 so this is my second championship in a row. 2 rings for me! I'm thinking about adding "wins championships" to my resume. I was fortunate enough to get to travel to Memphis with the team for the championship series. It was so fun to get to watch games at AutoZone Park and visit with all of my old co-workers while introducing my new co-workers to the city that I love.

I was actually fortunate to make a couple trips back to Memphis this year, one at Memorial Day, another for the championship series and a third just a few weeks ago for my sweet friend Michelle's wedding. Michelle's wedding weekend was an incredible time of fellowship and encouragement with my church friends from Memphis. I miss them so much!
I'm still searching for a church to call "home" in the Tacoma area. I think I've got it down to just two and am learning a great deal through this search as well. Thankfully, the Lord has blessed me with a women's Bible study that has been such a blessing and nothing short of an answer to prayer.
Also over the summer, I found me a boyfriend! We met through an unusual set of circumstances that make for a great story and so far it's been a lot of fun. Unfortunately for me, he lives in Phoenix during the off season. With his flexible work schedule he's been able to come up to Tacoma and I'll be making my first trip to Phoenix this weekend. A little sunshine to break up the gray Seattle winter can't be bad, right? :)
I'd be lying if I said I was completely accustomed to the area. I'm not. But I'm getting there a little more each and every day. The seasons are one of the most noticeable differences. The summer here was so short and cool I didn't really know what to do. But I didn't really miss the unbearable heat and humidity that the Midwest and South are famous for.
I promise to be more consistent with blogging. Hope everyone had a great summer! Looking forward to seeing everyone during the holiday season.


Mary Jane thinks your new boyfriend is cute. We would like to hear the cute story sometime.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I could give you a little nudge to get back into the blogging swing of things ;)
ReplyDeletebtw, your BF's a hottie! Way to go Jessi!