Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ready to Run

Over the weekend I completed my 2nd Half Marathon! The first one I ran was the St. Jude Half Marathon in Memphis in Dec. 2008. It was very cold and I ran about 9.5 of the 13.1 miles in right about 3 hours. So my goal for the Rock 'n' Roll Phoenix Marathon this weekend was to run the whole thing and finish under 3 hours. I did both! I felt good about my training knowing that I had worked very hard and the weather was perfect. Here are a couple pictures from the weekend!

At the race expo the day before, just picked up my registration packet.

Pre race at 5am. Jeremy ran the full marathon and his race started an hour and a half before mine so we were there earlllllly.

And a post race picture. We both walked funny for the rest of the day but were feeling fine by Monday.

It was fun and I'm ready to hit the Rock 'n' Roll St. Louis Half Marathon in October!

2 comments:

  1. yay for running! I just ran by the "lake" (actually a river, but people here are a little weird about calling it a lake) and forgot how much I love running, even though I am a professional power walker at work now. got your email - been a crazy week. sorry haven't responded, but I have been thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, such a great post! So proud of you for accomplishing BOTH goals!!! I may look into the St. Louis half. I could see family and get a great run in :)

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete